As a Mobile Developer, you’ll be part of a team of engineers that builds out the technology that powers our retail brokerage business and supports our other business initiatives. We care about the speed and stability of our back-end systems as much as we care about the customer-facing applications we build. Our architecture is consistently evolving as our business grows and we face different technical challenges, but always with a focus on practicality and performance.
What You'll Do:
- Work with and own the code base for our Android and iOS platforms.
- Write application code using Java, Kotlin, and Swift.
- Maintain shared behavior logic written in Java.
- Improve the code quality of a large code base.
- Participate in full application lifecycle (concept, design, build, deploy, test, and release to the app store).
- Solve the type of challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive trading experience.
- Collaborate with the backend development team to enhance our UI experience.
- Partner with our product, design, and QA teams to customize the trading experience for the iOS and Android platforms.
Who You Are:
- A professional with 2-3 years of experience
- You’ve worked on applications for either Android using Java or Kotlin, or iOS using Swift or Objective-C
- You’ve developed iOS or Android production applications.
- You have experience around large code bases, a shared REST API library, and writing unit tests.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time.
- Experience with dependency management tools (CocoaPods, Carthage, and/or SwiftPM; Gradle/Maven)
- A passion for UI/UX design
- Performance Bonuses
- Subsidized Engineering Training Program
- Stock Purchase Options
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Wellness & Mental Health Programs
- Charitable Donation Matching
- Two Paid Volunteer Days Off
- Daily catered lunch when in the office
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office
- In-building gym
- CTA stop a block away, Shuttle to/from Metra
- Office located in the West Loop - Chicago's growing center of tech, great cuisine, and high-end bars
The tastytrade family of companies (tastytrade, tastyworks, Dough by tastyworks, and quiet foundation) empowers individual investors by providing educational media, intuitive and powerful trading software, high-speed order execution, innovative derivatives products, and portfolio guidance. The diversity of our offerings and the technology that powers them provide our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems. We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly available, and performant systems. Our team is lean at roughly 40 members, and we follow a management philosophy that values the autonomy of our engineers.